Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The coolest music server you've never heard of...

Or at least I never heard of it.  It's called Pandora.  Maybe you've heard of it, but for me -- who obviously is just 'out of it' -- it's brand new and now my favorite way to listen to a variety of my favorite music & musicians and learn about new artists.

So what is Pandora?  In the words of the Wikipedia article, Pandora 'is an automated music recommendation and Internet radio service created by the Music Genome Project.  Users enter a song or artist that they enjoy, and the service responds by playing selections that are musically similar.'

I really can't believe it's been around since mid-2005 and I'd never heard of it.  But then again, as my younger daughter says, "Dad, you're old."  (Sigh...)

Anyway, pay a visit, sign up for an account and try it out!  I think you'll like it.

Thanks to Alisonwonderland for the heads-up on this!

No comments: