Friday, August 18, 2006

My latest plane (boo-hoo!)

Well, here's my latest plane, a Molt Models Tyro. It's taken about seven or eight months total to finish it, mainly because I work on it when I have a few minutes at work during lunch. And even then, my co-worker got tired of waiting for me to finish off the trim, so he took it home and finished off some of the trim pieces and connections.

Here it is on the ground.


Here it is in the air.


And here it is on the ground again. (The boo-hoo part!)


Luckily the only damage was to the wing. It's being repaired now as I type (I hope). I had given my friend the rest of the covering I used for the plane, so he's doing the repairs for me. I'm hoping to be back in the air early next week -- this time without tricky wind!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Hello,

I recently bought a Tyro and am almost done building it. This is my first balsa build so it's been fun. I love the color scheme you used. What did you use to cover it?

Thanks,
Casey