Thursday, November 18, 2010

Who says your vote doesn't count?

I love these feel good kind of stories...

Two couples, old friends who had not seen each other in awhile, had a chance meeting at their polling place. The wife of one couple, Enid, upon seeing her old friends, Noel and Mary Beth, remembered a ring she had found with the initials M & N on it. It turns out that it was Noel's wedding ring, last seen in 1966!  Apparently, Noel lent it to his son to use as a Scout neckerchief slide (I'm not sure I would do that! :) ) and it was lost later that evening when he took it off.  At a holiday dinner sometime later, Enid found it, tried to find the owner and when she couldn't, put it into safe keeping.  The chance meeting jogged her memory and the ring is now back to its rightful owner.

Read the full story from The Deseret News here.

PS.  Here's a weird (but unimportant) connection to me:  The son now lives in Fresno, CA, where I grew up.

1 comment:

alisonwonderland said...

I read this story in the paper. It definitely was a "feel good" moment!