Saturday, November 11, 2006

Dangerous Drinks

I used to work with someone who would tell me that my Diet Coke habit will kill me someday. Well, based on this website, I guess she was right! All it would take is me drinking 300 cans of caffeinated Diet Coke to take me down.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for me, I guess) there are two problems with me dying by Diet Coke. First is that you need to drink the 300 cans in "a short period of time," and by short, I'm guessing that means within a couple of hours (okay, so I can handle about 2 1/2 cans of soda per minute...). The second problem is that I drink Caffeine-Free Diet Coke. Oh, well. Not going to kick the bucket this way. So what's it going to take to kill you off? :)

3 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

i think my friend daltongirl would tell you that it's not the caffeine that is going to kill you (and me!) - although i don't think she's too keen on caffeine either - but the NutraSweet!

Aoi Sakura said...

I tried it with sprite, and it says that since it has no caffine, it wouldn't do much, although I could try for death by sugar intake... then I tried Barq's Root Beer, just for fun, and it said 418 cans. So I guess I'm not dying anytime soon... :D

daltongirl said...

You're right, AW. I can't even begin to touch this one.

And even though I don't drink soda or other caffeinergy sauce, that's a pretty fun Web site. But misleading, I think.

And now I'm going to finish taking my supplements (taken, as always, with water) and try not to judge you all :)