Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My employer is so bad...

Okay, not really.  I actually enjoy where I work.  For instance, at least I have time to post on my blog during lunch hour. :)

However, if you're not so lucky and don't enjoy where you work, at least you can write about it and not worry (too much) about getting fired because of it, based on this article that appeared in USA Today not too long ago.

According to the article, a woman was illegally fired because she posted disparaging remarks about her supervisor on her personal Facebook page.  The National Labor Relations Board's acting general counsel, Lafe Solomon, said that "It's the same thing as talking at the water cooler."  According to an attorney for the company that fired this woman, it has a policy against employees discussing the company on the internet.  Obviously, the NLRB doesn't agree with this policy.

No comments: