Monday, October 25, 2010

A "driver's license" for golf

Can I just rant here for a second?  I was playing a round of golf on Friday and I was behind a two-some who were playing from the tips (6700 yd tees).  Not a problem, except they didn't belong there!  I was playing the next tees up (6300 yds, so an average of 20 yds shorter / tee) and I always had to wait until after their second shots, and often after their third shots before I could tee off.  It was so bad that a three-some in front of them actually left them behind!  I finally got past them, but come on!

So, I propose a Driver's License for golf.  I'm sure it's been thought of before, but the Driver needs to be able to hit driver at least X yards and hit Y fairways / round before being allowed on the longest tees.  It sure would make playing golf a lot more pleasant, at least for me.  And while I'm at it (the rant, that is) how about a written etiquette test that has to be passed before going out on the Driver test?

No comments: