Monday, January 11, 2010

Twelfth Night Before Christmas...

This past Christmas, my son had to memorize Clement Clarke Moore's "A Visit from St. Nicholas."  You probably know it better as "The Night Before Christmas."  In fact, the Wikipedia article states that it was actually published anonymously in 1823 and is only attributed to Moore.  But I digress...

The reason for this post is to update the poem a little.  At least update the interpretation based on what Google Voice thought it heard from a speaker.  And no, it's not me.  And I can't vouch for how good the author's English is.  I won't post the text here since I haven't gotten permission yet from the author or from Google Voice, but it's pretty funny really, especially where Santa calls out the reindeer names.  Read it here.

No comments: