Friday, January 22, 2010

Easily shrink pictures for uploading or sending

I guess that's why they call the app "Shrink Pic." This utility is for those of you who do a lot of picture posting to your own blogs or sending via email or IM.

Basically, Shrink Pic automatically creates a temporary copy, resizes it and sends it instead.

For instance, the below picture's size on my hard drive is 450K. When I insert the picture into the post (which uploads it into my storage), Shrink Pic resizes it to 52K in my blog storage, saving me a lot of space for more pictures! I've only had Shrink Pic for a little while, but it seems to work great! One small caveat, though. Shrink Pic doesn't seem to work for me when sending from Outlook 2007 running on Windows 7. I'm going to contact the author to see what's going on since the website says it's supported.



Shrink Pic doesn't modify the original, nor does it seem to change it when moving pictures from folder to folder, even if it's something like my online DropBox account. By the way, did I tell you Shrink Pic is free? Even better!

for Windows, via LifeHacker

No comments: