Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The worst McDonalds ever...

Okay, not that McDonalds is good, but still, at least they have some okay salads.

I'm in Houston at Bush Intercontinental Airport, waiting for my flight. I thought I better get something to eat before I go since it will be a few hours until I get home. Not finding anything else that really caught my fancy, I head to the McDonalds in Terminal A for a salad. "No salads," I was told. What?!? How can they not have salads. "You have to go to the one in Terminal B." Okay, no salad. What else? Oh, what the heck. I ordered myself a Big Mac meal (I hope DaltonGirl's not reading this). I pay for the meal. The girl hands me my medium soda. No lid. "Can I have a lid?" "We're out." Okay, first no salad, now no lid. This is not good.

While I'm waiting for my food, the next guy steps up and orders a large Hi-C soda. She hands him a Coke. When he points this out to her, she shoots him a look that seemed to me to say "What? I can't believe you're making me fix my mistake." You've probably seen that look before. I have.

Eventually I get my food. My Big Mac was all over the box, as in, some assembly required (make that a lot of assembly required). My fries? Limp as overcooked spaghetti. I wonder if there's even a manager there. Doesn't look like. Oh, well. I'll see if I can find them online. They should be expecting an email from me.

Okay, I'm off. Got a plane to catch. Just thought I would write about this lovely experience. :)

1 comment:

alisonwonderland said...

the thing i like about McDonald's is that it's always the same, you know what to expect ... oops! :(