Monday, November 17, 2008

How my friend is rescuing the economy

One of my coworkers is in California this week with his family.  They are enjoying the sun (that he was sure to tell me about, oh, maybe 437 times last week -- not that I was counting) and hanging out at Disneyland.

I'm thinking being the smart guy he is, he's probably using his well earned "economic stimulus package" check from earlier this year to help fund his vacation and kick start the flailing economy in the US (as well as abroad).  To help track this, I wrote down the DOW at the close last week (8497.31) and for Disney stock (DIS - 21.08).  We'll see what it is at the end of the week (I'll post an update).  I'm sure it'll have to be higher based on the Churros alone that he'll be buying.

So here's to you MW and Minky.  Go and rescue our economy!  (You can't do any worse than the President, Congress, Lehman Bros., AIG, WaMu,...)

No comments: